6.20.2013

review: essie nail polish

I bought these two new colors from Essie's Neon Collection and I am a fan! Read on to see my individual reviews on Bottle Service and Saturday Disco Fever. Please note the photos show indoor, artificial lighting so the colors will differ in the sunlight. 


Bottle Service is a bright neon fuchsia slash cool magenta. I applied two coats on top of Essie Blanc and found it to be streak-free. The polish dries semi-matte. Although I really like this color, I found it to lack the neon aspect I was looking for. I was expecting a slap-in-the-face pink; which is what I wanted. If you're like me, and missed out on Pink Parka then the hunt for the perfect neon pink is endless. If you are looking for a pretty, bright pink then bottle service is perfect.  
IMG_4139

Saturday Disco Fever is described by Essie as a fire coral orange, but once applied I found it to be a true orange, not coral-esque. There is not even a hint of pink in it. The application on this one was nice and even. I used two coats over blanc and the end result was also semi-matte. This color is vibrant, sexy and more true to neon. 

IMG_4137

My verdict on both is thumbs up! They are perfect for the summer weather and will look fabulous on your toes at the beach or pool this season. The colors are vivid, bold and beautiful on and would flatter any skin color. I got about 4 days of good even wear, which is pretty average for me with Essie polishes. Both swatches were taken indoors; so please note that colors will look brighter in the sunlight. 

Both polishes can be picked up in any drugstore, Target, Duane Reade (if you're in the NY area), CVS, Ulta, etc. 

*Essie Tip: Apply a coat of white polish as a base and it makes the neon really pop. 



Follow me on:
Facebook | Bloglovin' | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving some love. xo, Rosa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis