7.15.2013

weekend recap {pic heavy}

Hey friends! How was everyone's weekend? Hopefully as fun and busy as mine. Saturday we did a little shopping in one of our fave 'hoods in the city; in SoHo. In the evening, Larry and I headed to the 311 concert at Jones Beach in Long Island. We saw one of our favorite groups, Cypress Hill, and just singing along to all the old school hip hop songs brought back so many memories of high school and when I used to hang with my crew. Good times! Sunday we rode the ferry over to Williamsburg in Brooklyn - as much as we hang out there, you'd swear we lived there. There were so many good finds at the flea market it was hard not to pick everything up, including some antlers for my living room. It would have presented quite a challenge carrying that back on the ferry, so we left it. Also, I kinda sorta let one of the antlers fall and it accidentally slipped right off its mount. Oops! I love vintage pieces, so going to the flea markets and thrift shops in W'burg is a must for me. This time around, I scored some vintage levi's which I DIY'd into shorts. A tutorial on that coming soon. The air was thick with humidity, but we didn't let it stop us from catching a benefit concert in the park adjacent to the market. It was truly a quintessential summer day. Summer is too short not to enjoy it to the fullest. But, I'll shut my trap right here let the pictures do the talking. Warning: pic heavy. Enjoy!

IMG_4632_2
i love the bright neon color of this top
photo-130
cypress hill on the stage

photo-128
hanging out in the vip area
photo-122
photo-126
photo-129
hubby and i at the concert
photo-134
stop in SoHo for jamba juice. yum!
photo-121
citibike share rental stop
photo-131
view from the ferry
photo-132
on the ferry heading to williamsburg
photo-133
photo-124
photo-125
flea market finds
photo-123
heading back home completely exhausted but happy


photos 3, 5, 10 and 14 shot by Larry Vila, all others by me
*all photos taken with an iPhone 5*





Follow me on:
Facebook | Bloglovin' | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving some love. xo, Rosa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis