3.04.2013

fab find and weekend details

IMG_3050
Happy Monday! I want to take a slight pause from my normal weekend recap to tell you about this FAB FIND! This lipstick from FACE Stockholm for J.Crew. I normally do not steer from my favorite cosmetics line, MAC, unless I happen across a ridiculous sale but I had to try this one out based on the great reviews of a J.Crew sales associate. 
IMG_3053
J.Crew sells it in Chili Flake which is a pigmented shade and French Martini which borders on the coral-pink spectrum. All three shades are exclusive to J.Crew. I ordered this lipstick in the new Peony Pink color and I am so very happy with my purchase.* It has a very creamy application, and it is the perfect pink to complement any skin color. I have never been a fan of pink lipstick, truth be told, but I am experimenting more with different shades in my old age <wink>. After drinking a cup of coffee, the color did wear off a bit but I have yet to try a lipstick that stays after drinking a full cup of coffee so I didn't let that deter me from this one either. After doing a little research on the company, I liked them even more. They are an eco-conscious company and they never test their products on animals. For those of you also in the New York area, they have a storefront located at Time Warner Center in Columbus Circle. Inquiring minds want to know: have any of you tried their makeup line?
photo-56rev

{not the clearest of pictures, but I am wearing Peony Pink on my lips}

=====================================================

IMG_3058
Can you guess which one is mine? 
IMG_3020
IMG_3038
IMG_3040
IMG_3045
{the best cappuccino I've had in a long time}


My weekend was lovely; complete with dinner at Olive Garden with the fam for my sister's birthday. I had the Venetian Apricot Chicken {pictured above} which was so tasty I am thinking of replicating it at home. We also got a chance to enjoy the sunshine yesterday while we ran errands, although temps were a bit on the chilly side. It seems weekends are never complete without some errands to run. I also tackled some emails, worked on a project and in the blink of an eye, it's Monday again. 


Here's to a very productive week! 




All photos were taken by me, Rosa Vila


*I was not compensated for my review. All opinions are expressly my own. 

Follow me on:
Facebook | Bloglovin' | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram

2 comments:

  1. It's really inspiring blog! Love at the first sight <3

    Wanna follow each other with GFC? Please let me know :)

    sausanhanifah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving some love. xo, Rosa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis