12.18.2012

love for connecticut

I am going to take a pause from the holidays, from the latest fashion news and the outfit of the day post to reflect on the devastation that took the lives of 20 innocent children and six heroes at Sandy Hook School on Friday. My heart breaks for the families of the victims, the survivors and the entire community of Newtown, CT. Twenty beautiful faces, children of God, that were taken much too soon. Six heroes that were called home before their time. This story hits me at the deepest point. I'm a mom now. I see their faces everytime I look at my 5-month old son and my eyes well up with tears and my heart breaks over and over and over, just trying to imagine even an ounce of what those parents must feel at the loss of their babies and the pain is unbearable, unimaginable. This tragedy has helped me love my baby even more fiercely. I count my blessings every day, hold him tight, kiss him until his cheeks turn red, and don't take one second for granted. I can't, I won't. 
IMG_2239
There is something very wrong with our society if something like this can happen. It is something we will never even begin to understand. Society is crumbling right before our eyes. I am not going to lie. My heart is very heavy. I'm sad & I'm pissed off that someone could so easily obtain a gun and break into a school and commit such a massacre. A school where our children are supposed to be "safe." Nothing can change what happened last week, but we can push a change for the future. A future where our children are safe. If you feel as I do, DEMAND something change. It's about the families that suffered a loss or the ones that survived, not about the monster who did these unspeakable acts. We are all aching and broken. It's time something changes. Not only for gun laws but for the way we handle mental health issues. And if change happens because of this, then we will have done something to change the future for our children. Go here and sign the petition for stricter gun laws just as I did and countless before me have done. It's a start. 
Let's be the change. 
And if you want to help, go here, here, and here

To the families in Connecticut, you are in our hearts and prayers. Your angels will live on in our hearts and minds forever.  

*If you haven't seen Obama's address to the nation, go here. He spoke from the heart. I was deeply moved. 

Follow me on:
Facebook | Bloglovin' | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving some love. xo, Rosa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis