10.29.2012

the high line

Zara blazer {similar} and jeans | J.Crew knit shirt 
Aldo boots {old} | Marc Jacobs sunglasses
MAC Lady Danger lips | American Apparel nails

My little family headed into the city for a perfect Autumn day of fun. On a whim, we stopped by the Highline, which for those of you who are not in the NYC area, is a public space park built on a historic freight rail line. Pretty cool huh?! I enjoy when my husband Larry, who is a train aficionado, passionately tells me the story behind the rail - admittedly, he has to recount the story many times because let's face it; with my mommy brain these days, nothing sticks. {smile} 
The Highline was in operation from 1934-1980 and was originally planned to take the freight trains off the streets. This is where trains used to run into the Meatpacking District to drop off meats, produce, milk, and other goods to be sold to the local markets. Read all about the history here. Diane Von Furstenberg even designs a line for the park. 
We even stopped over to try Blue Bottle Coffee. They individually prepare drip coffee and they are passionate about it. As a self-proclaimed coffee addict, I must say I was pretty impressed with how delicious and tasty their coffee was. It makes all the other coffee I've ever had taste like water. Seriously. I can't even explain it, you'll have to try it yourself. 
If you do stop in, I totally recommend getting their New Orleans Iced Coffee and the Ginger Molasses or Double Chocolate cookie. Yum!

P.S. We are expecting a big hurricane here in the Northeast. It's predicted to be worse than last year's Irene. 


Follow me on:
Facebook | Bloglovin' | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram

2 comments:

Thank you for leaving some love. xo, Rosa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis